9.01.2012

The Potty Chronicles. Part II of IV


(Did anyone even notice my toilet has a stash?!)

Today was DAY 1 of the potty training weekend, and as typical with a 2 year old and all kinds of life happening outside our house, it didn't go quite as planned.

Last night I downloaded Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO and set that as the alarm on my phone. I set up the snooze to go off every 20 min, and we adopted the song as our POTTY rock anthem! Landon loved it! Every time it started playing we would dance to the bathroom and then sit on the potty. Not ONCE did he ever fuss about sitting on the potty, I was a proud momma.

I always made sure his sippy cup was FULL and that it was near him at all times, I wanted him to pee ALOT today. I kinda figure the way this whole thing works is that your putting them on the toilet so much that eventually they are going to pee in the potty if they mean to or not. So I figured loading him full of fluids increased our odds. He ended up not going in the toilet at all this morning (but I fully expected that) and he peed on the floor   6 times (and I fully expected that). I had already rolled up all the rugs in the house and bought a JUMBO thing of Clorox wipes for just that purpose. I'm letting the kid walk around without a diaper for 3 days, I fully plan on cleaning up LOTS of pee.

I would like to take a moment to pay respects to the first two casualties of potty training weekend. They gave up their clean, dry stuffing for the greater good. Thank you for your service.

After a tiny nap we had a baby shower to go to, I took our potty seat just in case he asked to go and I even took him twice, but I didn't push him to go on a schedule and I had him in a diaper. That ended up being a good decision as over-stimulation and sweets had him on the verge of a meltdown all afternoon. After the shower my parents wanted to go to dinner and then we went shopping. ::Surprise, Surprise:: Landon got all kinds of new clothes. Every time my parents celebrate anything, Landon gets new stuff. Papaw's birthday, Landon gets toys. Nonna & Papaw's anniversary, Landon gets clothes.

Based on the fact that we had fun this morning and Landon is obviously comfortable with sitting on the toilet, I would count DAY 1 as a SUCCESS.

I'm actually really super stoaked to wake up tomorrow and clean up more pee, no really. I am! Hopefully we will have at least one amazing potty story to tell!

With Love,
Leia & Landon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sadness for the two casualties! But yay for Landon [and you!]
    Potty Rock? you are a freaking genius.

    ReplyDelete