9.06.2012

Perhaps, I've lost my mind...

Please sit down. On the edge of your seat though... you know, with anticipation and all....

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I have decided to become.... a runner.


There will now be a brief intermission to allow those of you who know me personally time to pick yourselves up off the floor and stop laughing so hard you can't read this...

Oh, you can breathe again? Great!

This has been something I've been secretly wanting to try for a long time. People who run LOVE it. So, I'm going to go for it! Thankfully I have a friend who is as psychotic as I am & who was super stoaked about this idea. So now I have a running buddy. We already have a training schedule calendar printed out & in SIX WEEKS we are planning on running the Superhero 5k in Waco! The training plan we found online is 5 weeks, so we are just adding an extra week for good measure.

The goal at this point is just to finish the run, as I have no idea what a fast time/slow time is for one of these things. I do however know one thing... even if I am dead last, if (WHEN) I finish... Im going to be so proud of myself!

So really now, lets get down to the dirt. Im terrified. But in like a good way? Makes sense, totally makes sense.

I can't wait to start running regularly and going to all kinds of neat races, and making all kinds of new running friends, and running for all kinds of great causes. Don't runners just seem so cool? They do, they totally do.

Not to mention getting my fitness onnnnn, hayyyyyyy girllllll!

So here is to the longggggggg road ahead!

With love,
Just silly Leia

2 comments:

  1. You forgot one of the most important things - FREE T-SHIRTS! I mean, technically you pay a registration fee so it's not exactly free - but technical schmecnical - FREE.
    I'm super excited for you! And I think focusing on just finishing the race is the way to go..you want to learn to love running not learn to hate it because you're pushing yourself too hard too fast. I'm here for you girl whenever you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FREE T-SHIRTS! Okay, the .1% of me that wasn't totally convinced I wanted to do this, is totally on board now... haha!
    & Thanks girl, all your running posts played a part in tipping the scale in favor of me doing this! Hopefully I will fall in love with it like you have!

    ReplyDelete