4.21.2011

8 months young

Today Landon is 8 months old... really? It seems like he was just born a week ago, but according to the calendar its been 8 months!

This sounds so cliche but you REALLY can't understand how capable you are of loving another person until you become a parent. I can't even put the love into words, its amazing how quickly even the most selfish person will put aside their own wants for their child.

These last 8 months have been the best, most amazing months of my life. Frankly, they've gone by WAY too fast! Every "month birthday" has been very bittersweet, knowing the time that has passed is gone.

Landon will never be a newborn again who would sleep for hours and hours in his swing that completely swallowed him. He will never again be that little half brown 3 month old who fell asleep on my fresh spray tan, staining half of his face an orange/brown. It seems like yesterday i was thinking "WOW, he is 6 months old, we are halfway through the first year!" & now here i sit, mother to an 8 month old.... that sounds so old.

I know mothers of older children are thinking "ya right, wait until he's 3, 5, 10, 15, 23" but don't lie, you all had this moment!

So in honor of 8 wonderful months:











With love,
Leia & Landon

4 comments:

  1. Ugh you made me cry! Thanks Leia... geez!I've already been having mommy issues with the fact that my SECOND child is already half a year old :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, awwww! I know, i can't imagine going through this twice, though i certainly hope to some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. I too cant believe that 8 months has already passed. He has brought so much joy and love to my life as well. Being Landon's Grammy is the bestus thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can they please slow down?!
    in four months our babies will be one year!
    oh how time flies!

    ReplyDelete