4.11.2011

Fun in Salado!

So those of you who know me, know that I make bottle cap jewelry. Those of you who dont know me, there's a link on the left for my facebook page (self promotion, it is MY blog) Its kinda bottle cap couture, if you will.

Anyways, if your from Central Texas the place to get beads is brazos collection in Salado. So the little man and I went there last Saturday along with my best friend Rachel. If you've never been to Salado you for sure need to go. It's a neat little town on I-35 halfway between Waco and Austin. (read: great shopping) This was a pretty big trip for Landon as we don't go on "trips" very often. I knew he would love the fresh air and getting to be outside all day, so we loaded up on some baby sunscreen and off we went.

We went to the bead store first, as i needed beads for "work" and didn't want to be tempted to spend my hard earned money elsewhere, and Landon LOVED looking at all the cool colors. Of course like any 7 month old he wanted to yank on all the beads, and Rachel did an awesome job of keeping him entertained while mommy loaded up on some fun beads. That is until he spit up on her, GAME OVER for aunt Rachel. If we weren't in a public place i'm pretty sure i would have had two "spitter-uppers". Luckily the friendly staff let her wash her hands while Landon and I checked out.

Next we headed for some Sir Wigglesworth fudge (read: heaven in your mouth). Rachel bought some amaretto fudge and after quite a bit of "nibbling" we decided it tasted like chocolate covered cherries, yum!

Then we randomly decided to start taking pictures of Landon and myself, he was such a trooper and put up with Mommy making him pose all over Salado. As this was an impromptu photo session neither of us were "dressed" for pictures (mommy didn't even have her make-up on) but they turned out pretty cute. ::Props to Rachel and her mad iPhone picture taking skills::

Here are a few of the pictures, after I glammed them up a bit:






After spending the afternoon taking pictures and... well, sweating. we were a little tired and a lotta hungry. So Rachel took us to this neat place in Temple called Mad Mongo's. The food was SOOOO good and i can't wait to eat there again! Landon, however, enjoyed Mad Mongo's for a different reason, the ladies. Boy is he a little flirt. He was literally turned around backwards in his high chair cooing at 2 girls behind us, and of course they were eating him up.

Exhibit A:


& here is mommy feeding herself & Landon at the same time (the two girls in the top left corner were the flirtees)



Once we got back to Waco we went to Rachel's house for a bit and she watched Landon while Mommy moved all of our things into our car. When I came back inside to get him he tried kissing me thru the window, it was pretty precious! But everything he does is pretty damn precious. All in all we had a very fun, successful day and we loved getting to do something fun together.

We will leave you with a window kiss from Landon (:


With love,
Leia & Landon

2 comments:

  1. Remember I definitely want an invite on the next Salado trip! And how do you 'glam' up your photos? They always look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! I edit my pics on www.picnik.com. It will ask you to upgrade but I do all my editing w/ the free features (:

    ReplyDelete