8.07.2012

ekkkkkkkkkkk.

spiders.
s.p.i.d.e.r.s
tiny teeny little 8 legged creepy crawly spin down from your ceiling and stare at you spiders.
ehk.

I love our little house. I do! I love the high ceilings and the big windows on every wall. I love the hardwood floors and the big rooms. Love it. But it has all of those features specifically because it is an older house. You know what else older houses have? Spiders... not big scary bite you and then your arm falls off spiders, but teeny, in every corner gives you the heebie jeebies spiders.

Now lets be clear. I hate (read: am terrified of) spiders and my hatred (read: fear) does not discriminate between different types. I hate (read: run from) them all.

This little gem was vacant for quite awhile before I stumbled upon it, and so when i moved in there were these little teeniney spiders everywhere! Now I've swept them all out but they are still seen lurking in certain corners or crevices. Enough so to make me nearly jump out of bed every time my sheet moves. For I am so certain that one of these teensy little... meanies is crawling up my leg or something. ^&#(*@yuck@$^^*#.

All that aside, I LOVE the house. I have so many projects and ideas for it. We are having Landon's birthday here in 2 weeks and I wish I could get EVERYTHING done and painted and built and landscaped and crafted and designed and hung (gasp) before then. Hahaha, yeah right. For now I have to be content with the finished version of this house that lives in my imagination!

Landon LOVES the house... the layout allows him to run laps through every room and he has so much fun listening to his feet stomp on the hard floors. Occasionally he can be found in the middle of his room just jumping and stomping. Ahh, the little things.

Yesterday I started school... that's right, a few years from now when I'm standing in front of a class of elementary students I can remember yesterday as the start of my future. No more excuses and no more waiting for someone to come into my life and rescue me. I'm not a damsel in distress. I'm a strong woman who is taking her life into her own hands (finally).

That being said... It's time for me to get to some classwork!

With Love,
Leia & Landon

p.s. i think I'm not totally back in the blogging zone. I feel like my posts are not as witty and informative as they used to be. Hopefully Ill get my groove back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are jjuuuust fine!
    I'm pretty sure a couple of spiders tried to kill me yesterday...I went to the laundry room [it's right outside our house] and was going about my business and reached around to turn off the light and a huge wolf spider was sitting right below the light switch.
    Thank goodness Lillie wasn't near me because I'm pretty sure I would have pushed her down to get away from it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete